According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, “1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. In 2023, an estimated 297,790 women and 2,800 men will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. Chances are, you know at least one person who has been personally affected by breast cancer.”
ImagineSoftware is honored to partner with Charlotte Radiology, sponsoring the 12th annual Pink Pint Night benefitting Levine Cancer Institute: Project PINK. “Project Pink was established to increase access to life-saving mammography screenings for uninsured women. Donations to The Project PINK Fund allow for “Free Mammography Days” in underserved communities where the need is highest. In partnership with Charlotte Radiology, the program’s state-of-the-art mobile breast center travels throughout the community offering free screenings in a convenient, compassionate environment.”
- Levine Cancer Institute Project PINK allows eligible women a free screening mammogram and follow-up care (diagnostic screening, ultrasound, biopsy) if recommended.
- Levine Cancer Institute Project PINK Plus provides women who have an existing breast lump or other concern the opportunity to receive a free diagnostic mammogram and follow-up care.
- If there is a positive cancer finding during either program, the patient will be navigated throughout the entire treatment from diagnosis to survivorship.
Pink Pint Night 2023 was a tremendous success, raising over $60,000! The annual event has raised almost $1.0 million in support of Project Pink – Providing about 10,000 uninsured women in the greater Charlotte, NC area with access to free breast cancer screenings. ImagineSoftware is proud to sponsor and raise awareness for this life-changing event, impacting women throughout our headquarters’ community.
- 100% of money raised stays local and directly funds life-saving mammography exams for low-income, uninsured women.
- 75+ breast cancers have been diagnosed to date (1-2 per month) through these programs.
- 1,000+ low-income women served in the greater Charlotte area each year.
- 30+ Project PINK mobile screening days are hosted per year, taking screening mammography to communities where the need is greatest.
About Charlotte Radiology
Established in 1967, Charlotte Radiology is one of the largest and most progressive radiology groups in the country. Known locally to be the imaging experts, we own and operate 17 breast centers, a mobile breast center program, two vein centers and several vascular and interventional radiology sites. We also jointly own and operate five freestanding imaging centers.